Wednesday 13 October 2010

About me


I grew up in Hamburg and studied Information Economics in Stuttgart. After my studies I started to work for an Internet company in Berlin as a usability expert. During these three years, I developed interaction designs and I like to creating them. It was great to design interfaces for tools that help people do different activities, for example bank transfers, shopping and internet searches. This is my main focus. I want to design great software tools and solutions for real problems. At first glance, it sounds very easy, but it is a hard job to find out the main needs of people and to create software which is easy to use. Because of my job as a usability expert, I am able to use methods to find out the needs and the wishes of the users. I really like to do this and it will be still a part of my job. Only to analyse the problems of the users don’t fill me. After using the usability methods I know the needs and problems of the users and I also know the functions to solve their problems. However I had to give my work to the interaction designer and he created the concepts. This situation frustrated me and gave me the feeling that I didn’t finish my job. I hope that I won’t get this feeling in the future, because I will have the education of an interaction designer and after the phase of analysing the user problems I can create the concept of the interface on my own. This is why I chose to come to Nottingham to study interaction design. My major interest in the area of interaction design is interface design.
- Monika Denk (MA Interaction Design - Nottingham Trent University)

No comments:

Post a Comment